If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to fix this quick dish in hot weather and serve with tacos or burritos or even tuna salad on the side. Fresh limes and cilantro make all the difference, so please don't substitute dried cilantro or bottle lemon juice because it changes the flavor immensely--and not in a good way! It's good chilled on a warm day, or on a cool afternoon leave it at room temperature. This also makes an excellent taco with combine with a fried egg and a little cheese (melted). It will brighten up your table, especially when served in a red bowl--the colors really POP! It stays fresh for up to a week when covered in the fridge. Low-fat, low-cal, vegan and healthy, it's hard to beat for quick, easy and tasty too! —BeijingRose
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can yellow whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 stalks green onions, white part only, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, fresh, diced medium
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado slices to garnish
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, pour over the juice of one lime, sprinkle on the fresh, chopped cilantro and salt--toss and cover--place in fridge for one hour to chill and let the flavors blend.
- Note: Left-overs are good served with a fried egg and topped with cheese the next morning, or tossed into a soup with rice or noodles and some chicken or vegetable bouillon for lunch!