If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: MongQuin is basically an indian pancake with a dash of moong dal,brown rice and many more secret ingredients. —jpanu
cup brown rice
handful green moong dal
- Soak quinoa,brown rice ,green moong dal and chana dal in the water for 4-5 hours
- Blend the soaked ingredients adding green chilies, and ginger with a little water – it should not be of watery consistency.
- Mix the batter with Eno and salt. Let it sit for around 5 minutes and in the meantime, heat the skillet.
- Have a small bowl of water and a paper towel. Squeeze out the extra water from the towel and wipe down the skillet. The water droplets will simmer and that is what you want.
- Use a measuring cup of 1/2 cup filled with batter and pour the batter into the center of the skillet. Using the back of the measuring cup or a spatula, spread the batter around the skillet evenly into the shape of a thin, gigantic circle like a crepe.
- Let the dosa cook – it will change color and become crispy. Remove from the skillet when the dosa is at the crispness you wish by rolling the dosa over from one side to the other into a tube-shape.
- Enjoy warm with some dip, yogurt, butter, or alone!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe