If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This granola is subtly sweet and perfectly crunchy. It offers a backbone of heartiness with the warmth and comfort of banana bread. Served with yogurt or milk, it makes a perfect breakfast or snack. —80twenty
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peacans
- 1.5 medium bananas (ripe, but not too ripe)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs, or more if you like
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (oats through pecans) in a medium bowl.
- Blend, or mash really well, the remaining wet ingredients (banana through coconut extract). Add it to the dry ingredients and mix until coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet and cook in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 -15 minutes. At the point the mixture should still have a bit of moisture to it. Turn the oven down to 250°F and bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until the granola is dried out to your liking. Remove from the oven and mix in the cocoa nibs.