If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy blend of vegetables and quinoa add flavor and texture to this flavorful taco. —amrecipes
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill quinoa
- 1 cup fat free, low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon canned Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and minced plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, washed, exterior thick leaves discarded and finely chopped
- 15 ounces can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large sage leaves, minced
- 2 avocados, halved, pits removed, flesh spooned out and chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime flavored or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered and chopped
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 16 ounces bag shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring quinoa, stock(in place of water), chiles and sauce to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, and stock has been absorbed; about 10 to 20 minutes (depending upon package instructions). Stir and set aside uncovered to cool.
- While quinoa cooks, saute garlic and chopped leek with 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add beans. Cook for 3 minutes; stirring occasionally. Mix in sage and remove skillet from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place half avocado chunks in a small bowl and mash. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, zest and remaining oil; mix to combine. In a large bowl, add black bean mixture, quinoa, avocado mixture and tomato. Toss to combine. Fold in remaining avocado. Spoon into warm tortillas and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe