If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango-a-go-go! Pungent curry and sweet mangoes blend beautifully to create a dish that delivers on taste and nutrition. The marinated grilled chicken breast provides protein, and the cool salsa adds lots of trace minerals. Plus, it’s easy to prep in advance. Just broil or grill the chicken and you’re good-to-go. —Susan E. Levy
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cups English cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cups yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons each of lime zest and lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (4-6 cloves) garlic, minced
- ¼ cups minced fresh herbs (mint and cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons ground black peppe
- ¼ cups olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate chicken 3 hours or overnight before grilling or broiling.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Preheat broiler. Discard marinade and broil chicken until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with salsa.
- Per serving: 243 calories, 30g protein, 20g carbohydrates, 5g fat, 1g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 68mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 381mg sodium