If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty, cozy, earthy parfait uses some of the most gorgeous winter produce to create a simple yet gourmet-style breakfast or brunch addition. Feel free to add or substitute other seasonal produce as you see fit! —Becca LB
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 medium fruit)
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut squash, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, apricots, or raisins
- handfuls toasted almonds or pecans to top
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- cinnamon to taste
- To make the syrup, combine cider and maple in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and boil until the mixture has reduced to a syrup-y consistency. Note: you’ll have syrup left over.
- Assemble the parfaits in short, wide glasses by alternating layers of squash, persimmon, pomegranate, cranberries, and quinoa. (You can also simply toss everything into a bowl as a salad). Drizzle with syrup to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe