If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These muffins capture summer fruit at its peak. Swap in any berries or stone fruit for the peaches, however the spices here complement peaches the best. The crunchy, sugary topping uses oats for some added texture. —Posie Harwood
Makes 12 muffins
For the muffins
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 peaches, unpeeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
For the streusel topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (preferably Saigon)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with paper liners (ideally makes 12 medium muffins). Grease the top of the tin as the muffins may spill over slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and mix together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the stand mixer, beating until just incorporated. Stir in the peaches gently.
- In a small bowl, mix all the streusel topping ingredients together with your fingers until it has a sandy texture.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin pan with muffin liners. Fill to the top.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden.