If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cake-like banana bread made w/ coconut, oatmeal and dark chocolate. —Angela Brown
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of one 5x10 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small mixer bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, oatmeal, coconut, and dark chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Bake for 1 hour.
- For the butter: in a small mixer bowl, add the butter, scraped vanilla beans, vanilla extract and honey. Beat until the butter is smooth and creamy and all the ingredients are well incorporated.