Author Notes: These are better if you make them just before bed. That way you won't peek. —Gloria DiBenedetto
Makes: 24 cookies
Egg Whites (large eggs) at room temperature
cup white sugar
cup pecans chopped very fine
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until they form stiff peaks. Fold in salt and vanilla, then pecans.
- Butter your cookie sheet generously, or use some buttered baking parchment paper.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on the pan.
- Put in oven then turn the oven off. Leave them in the oven overnight with the door closed.