If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A protein packed hummus made creamy not with tahini or oil but with silken tofu! —belkis
Makes 4 cups
- 28 ounces can Chickpeas
- 1 packet silken tofu
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 handfuls sundried tomatoes
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 tablespoon urfa red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon serrano chili paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Load up your food processor with the chickpeas, tofu, sun-dried tomatoes (we use no oil added tomatoes) and parsley and start to blend into a dip-like consistency. As you are blending add in juice of one lemon, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili paste and depending on the consistency you are going for you can add a bit more liquid such as water, non-dairy milk or if you wish a drizzling of olive oil. This is a delicious, citrusy, fresh dip to change things up! And no one will believe the creamy factor comes from silken tofu--we trick dinner party guests time after time.
- Serve with armenian cucumber and carrot sticks for parties or use in a wrap as a protein packed spread!