Author Notes: This is a great vegetarian dish. You can serve it cold or hot. If you want to increase its amount of protein and fat you can add a can of tuna fish in olive oil and/or a hard boiled egg. —Candyland Queens
- 2 cups of dried garbanzo beans (previously soaked overnight)
- 1 medium size onion (yellow or red) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Cilantro roughly chopped (as much as you like)
- Let the garbanzo beans boil in water and salt for about 2 hours on medium-low until it's entirely cooked (try a couple of beans to make sure that they fully cooked). Drain thoroughly (you can also use 2 cans of garbanzo, but we do prefer the dried garbanzos as they taste better).
- Add the cooked garbanzos to a large bowl with the onion, cilantro and olive oil. Mix it thoroughly. If you want you can add the tuna and/or an egg to the mixture. It is delicious, both hot or cold and a kind of light bean dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans