If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple but delicious way to have sweet potato. This could make an interesting vegetarian entree, but is also excellent as a side dish with about half a poblano per person. —Palatable Pastime
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted and peeled, seeds cut out
- 10 ounces sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ounces cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 4 tablespoons mexican crema (or creme fraiche or thin sour cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salsa verde (as needed)
- sliced serrano chiles or jalapenos (as needed)
- Roast peppers on a comal or under broiler; remove skin, slit up one side and cut out seeds.
- Pulse remaining ingredients in a food processor and fill poblanos.
- Place on a baking sheet and warm at 350F or in a toaster oven for about 15 minutes or until filling is hot.
- Serve topped with tomatillo salsa and sliced serrano peppers, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe