Author Notes: Adapted from the Chipits Mini chips recipe I have attempted to make it slightly healthier while still being yummy and kid approved. They are great snacks for after school and freeze very well. I hope you like them! —TammieK
Makes: 48 mini muffins
cup vegetable oil
cups apple sauce
cup granulated sugar
eggs beaten slightly
cups all-purpose flour
cup whole wheat cake and pastry flour
teaspoons baking soda
packet mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Combine buttermilk, vegetable oil, apple sauce, sugar and eggs. Mix well
- In a separate bowl mix flours and baking soda with a whisk until combined
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until combined and stir in chips.
- Scoop into greased mini muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tester comes out clean.