If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy these on a weeknight or lazy Sunday afternoon. They come together in just a few minutes. Though I’ve written this to serve two, it scales easily. —Pinch&Swirl
For the tacos:
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lime
For the spicy slaw:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (or more)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- several sprigs of cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a single layer over the parchment paper. Divide shredded cheese evenly among the tortillas and top with a second tortilla. Bake for about 5 minutes, until tortillas are warm and cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime half evenly over shrimp and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the spicy slaw, add mayonnaise, sour cream and sriracha to the bottom of a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add shredded cabbage and toss to coat.
- Top each double tortilla shell with 3 shrimp then divide the slaw evenly among the tacos. Add a sprig of cilantro to each taco if desired. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe