Enjoy these on a weeknight or lazy Sunday afternoon. They come together in just a few minutes. Though I’ve written this to serve two, it scales easily.
Enjoy these on a weeknight or lazy Sunday afternoon. They come together in just a few minutes. Though I’ve written this to serve two, it scales easily.—Pinch&Swirl
For the tacos:
small flour or corn tortillas
ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
tablespoon olive oil
medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the spicy slaw:
tablespoons sour cream
teaspoons sriracha sauce (or more)
cups shredded green cabbage
several sprigs of cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a single layer over the parchment paper. Divide shredded cheese evenly among the tortillas and top with a second tortilla. Bake for about 5 minutes, until tortillas are warm and cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime half evenly over shrimp and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the spicy slaw, add mayonnaise, sour cream and sriracha to the bottom of a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add shredded cabbage and toss to coat.
- Top each double tortilla shell with 3 shrimp then divide the slaw evenly among the tacos. Add a sprig of cilantro to each taco if desired. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe