If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad came about because I had a friend who loved cucumbers marinated in a toasted sesame oil dressing enough to want it several times a week and I preferred a few more flavors combined with the cucumbers and sesame oil.
It is the sesame oil that gives such a strong flavor to this dressing/salad. It will be the reason many love it but if it's too strong for you then cut the sesame oil back to a few drops and replace most of the Tablespoon with a good salad oil.
This salad makes a nice alternative to the many different cabbage salads/slaws especially when combined with left over rotisserie chicken, shrimp, or fish and stuffed in a taco or lettuce wrap.
Homemade chili oil is much better than store bought and takes moments to make. —David
- 6 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2 " pieces
- 2 cups radishes, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cups sweet summer corn (off the cob)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots, cut in half and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Szechuan pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
- Combine vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients. Combine everything and sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
More Great Recipes: