If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: just a really fast recipe for someone caught by guests —Moira Phillips
- 1 cooked chicken from supermarket
- 2 green onions
- 2 baby endives
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds browned in butter
- 1 round round lemons are juicy
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Pommery /grainy musatrd
- I use chicken right from the supermarket-- try to make recipe with room-temp chicken where possible. Put chicken meat in bowl. sometimes to serve 2 I just use white meat plus the chicken thighs. Shred the meat evenly if time permits.
- Cut baby endives on the diagonal in very thin slices. This should make between 1/2 cup and 1 cup. Do not panic if you have more-- relax.
- Slice green onions as thinly as possible by hand
- Heat slivered almonds in 1 generous tablespoon butter in microwave if no toasted almonds
- For dressing: Juice the lemon using a strainer to catch seeds. Put juice in glass measuring cup. Then add grainy mustard,whisking until combined. Then add Maille or Grey-Poupon mustard. Then add 1/2 c olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Make Chicken Salad Put shredded chicken into large dish (later to be used for serving). Add toasted slivered almonds and sliced baby endives and green onion. Serve with a crisp biscuit and a salad made of i box cherry tomatoes, halved; 2 heads carefully washed watercress washed and trimmed of thick stems. Add 1 giant tbsp Maille or Grey-Poupon mustard , 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar, i tbsp salt., 1/4 cup good olive oil. Whisk dressing until emulsified and pour over tomatoes and watercress.