just a really fast recipe for someone caught by guests —Moira Phillips
- Serves 4
cooked chicken from supermarket
slivered almonds browned in butter
round lemons are juicy
Pommery /grainy musatrd
In This Recipe
- I use chicken right from the supermarket-- try to make recipe with room-temp chicken where possible. Put chicken meat in bowl. sometimes to serve 2 I just use white meat plus the chicken thighs. Shred the meat evenly if time permits.
- Cut baby endives on the diagonal in very thin slices. This should make between 1/2 cup and 1 cup. Do not panic if you have more-- relax.
- Slice green onions as thinly as possible by hand
- Heat slivered almonds in 1 generous tablespoon butter in microwave if no toasted almonds
- For dressing: Juice the lemon using a strainer to catch seeds. Put juice in glass measuring cup. Then add grainy mustard,whisking until combined. Then add Maille or Grey-Poupon mustard. Then add 1/2 c olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Make Chicken Salad Put shredded chicken into large dish (later to be used for serving). Add toasted slivered almonds and sliced baby endives and green onion. Serve with a crisp biscuit and a salad made of i box cherry tomatoes, halved; 2 heads carefully washed watercress washed and trimmed of thick stems. Add 1 giant tbsp Maille or Grey-Poupon mustard , 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar, i tbsp salt., 1/4 cup good olive oil. Whisk dressing until emulsified and pour over tomatoes and watercress.