Makes: 1 pie
tablespoons Butter, at room temperature
tablespoons almond powder
cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven on 350F Grease and flour a pie dish
- For the dough, combine and mix flour, sugar, diced butter and sour cream. Stir well until dough comes together. Roll out the dough, shape into a flat disk to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Transfer dough to pie plate and trim edges of dough leaving some overhang. Flute the edges. Use a fork to prick the bottom of the dough. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, cover the dough with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 25 minutes, remove weights and bake again for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the egg, add the mascarpone and stir well to combine. Add 2/3 of the sugar and 1 tbsp of almond powder.
- Peel the apples, cut in four and remove the core. Cut apples into slices. Put in a bowl and cover with lemon juice and 1tbsp of sugar.
- Cover the bottom of the dough with the rest of the almond powder. Pour in the Mascarpone cream and spread well with the back of a spoon. Arrange the apple slices on top, sprinkle with almond slices and some sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes on 350F
- This pie is best served slightly warm