If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wonderfully hearty (but low-fat) smokey chicken-corn chowder that will warm you from the inside out. —beetsandbluecheese.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups cups celery (about 3 stalks), thinly sliced
- 1 can mild green chilies (or diced jalapeños)
- 3 cups cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 1/2 cups leftover smoked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 15 oz. can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can cream-style corn
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over a medium flame. Add the garlic, onion, celery and chilies and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until corn and beans are tender and the chicken is heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with shredded cheddar and serve with a side of homemade cornbread. (I think this chowder is even better after its sat overnight so I usually make it the day before I intend to serve it.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup