If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fall/thanksgiving soup —David
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups cream
- pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- pinch sugar
- pinch lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Ras El Hanouf (or moroccan curry powder)
- Combine 2 T melted butter, brown sugar, 1 t Ras El Hanout, and 3 T rum. Toss potatoes with this and place on cookie sheet in 400 degree oven. Roast until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. If they start to burn lower level of cookie sheet
- In soup pot melt 2 T butter and add onion. Cook until soft. Add remaining Moroccan spice, bay leaves and thyme. Add stock and simmer.
- Add potatoes to stock and simmer 5 minutes. Puree with immersion or regular blender(after removing bay leaves) Add one cup of cream and simmer. Add fresh grated nutmeg just before pouring into bowls
- For rum cream whip 1 cup cream with 3 T rum and pinch of sugar and zest. Whip until just stiff and refrigerate. Top soup with cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
More Great Recipes: Soups