If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: all the veggies get pureed into the soup...my kids love it and they are not just slurpping 'chicken water' —maureen
- 1 pound 3 lb chicken
- 2 carrots-peeled
- 1 onion peeled
- 3 ribs of celery washed
- tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 sprig dry bay leaf
- teaspoons peppercorns
- teaspoons chicken bouliion
- 1/2 pound ground white meat turkey
- handfuls pamesean cheese
- handfuls Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- teaspoons garlic powder
- teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 3 carrots-cleaned and diced
- 1 egg-beaten.
- 1/2 pound small pasta
- to 12 qt stock pot add all vegetables and seasonings. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water & salt. add to pot. Cover with cold water above chicken and place on stove on high till boiling. Then lower to simmer and skim foamy fat as it appears. After about 30 minutes uncovered, remove chicken to platter and scoop veggies and some stock intop a blender to puree. Then pass remaining stock through a collander lined with a coffee filter into an 8 quart pot. Then add vegetable puree to pot and return to stovr to boil.
- While soup is cooking mix in small bowl turkey, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, water, and spices. Using a small melon baller, roll out meatballs and place on a platter. Cover and refrigerate until pureed vegetables have been returned to soup. Shredd chicken and add to pot.
- Add meatballs once the soup reboils, add diced carrots and continue to simmer gentle and covered till carrots soften slightly...about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a smaller pot, cook pasta till al dente. Then add to soup and bring to rolling boil, stir and drizzle in the beaten egg. Turn off the heat and serve with grated cheese and fresh ground pepper.