If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a non custard ice cream that takes minutes to prep and goes straight into the freezer. It also uses cream of coconut (that sweet stuff you use in pina coladas, not coconut milk) in place of sugar. Feel free to replace the mango with pineapple for a different flavor —David
- 2 cups ripe mango coarsely chopped (about 2 medium mangos)
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1 14 oz. can cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- Put mango in small pie pan or pyrex dish. Sprinkle with sugar and pour rum over top. Roast in 400 oven for 5-10 minutes.
- add cream, milk and half of mangos to blender and blend. Stir in cream of coconut and pinch of salt.
- add to ice cream freezer and process. When you have soft ice cream stir in 2nd half of mangos and toasted coconut and place in freezer.
More Great Recipes: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts