If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is another no custard ice cream but it does require overnight refrigeration to allow the flavors to develop. It uses both fresh and candied ginger. I often crave this for dessert after a spicy curry. —David
- 3 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sugar (superfine if possible)
- 5 limes
- 1 cup candied ginger(chopped very fine)
- pinch salt
- Put 2 cups cream in sauce pan with fresh ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool. Then strain off ginger and reserve cream.
- Zest and then juice limes. If you prefer key limes over persian just triple to 15.
- In a mixing bowl combine all cream, milk, sugar, lime juice and zest, and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Process in your ice cream freezer and when done stir in the candied ginger. Candied ginger is easy to make and much more affordable. Here's the link to a recipe for making it. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candied-ginger-recipe/index.html
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts