If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple nutmeg flavoured cake made on almond meal to be gluten free adapted from the raspberry cake and harvest cake from roostblog.com
I topped mine with a few spoons of rhubarb puree I had left over. Feel free to add fruit such as berries or stone fruit. —i.m.
- 2 cups almond meal (flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (or more if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - gluten free
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
- Place the almond meal into a large bowl and add the grated nutmeg and baking powder. If you can, freshly grate nutmeg into the cake.
- Add the honey and melted coconut oil into the batter and stir once or twice. Then add the eggs in and stir till combined. This will prevent the warmth of the oil cooking the eggs.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30-40 mins.