If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is freezing in the wine country and I am sitting near a palm tree on Maui. This recipe is a simple recipe for beans with a little tropical twist. The best beans to use are Rancho Gordo Beans from the Napa Valley (I brought my own over here). They are the very best and freshest that I have ever tasted...Thomas Keller's own favorite beans that he uses.(Can be ordered online at Ranchogordo.com). I used Rio Zappa beans, but if you want you can substitute pintos instead. Mahalo (Sorry, I am using a laptop here that is not compatible with my camera...this pic was already on it ...trust me the beans look delicious) —dymnyno
- 2 cups Rio Zappo beans(or pinto beans)cooked and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes whole canned
- 2cups onions, med chop
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz pork chorizo, casing removed
- 2 cups tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- wedges of lime
- Saute the chorizo in a large pot until it starts to brown
- Add onions and cook until translucent
- Add the garlic and sautee
- Add the cooked beans
- Add about 2 cups of canned tomatoes, then add the cumin
- Add 2 cups of tangerine juice
- Cook over low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro
- Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans