If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Barista would call out your coffee " tall hazelnut coffee light and sweet coming up" . This is South East Asian Starbucks, freshly brewed with a hint of spice without cleaning out wallet. —upanetha
- 2 pints Organic whole milk (taste much better)
- 5 ounces Instant Coffee
- 2 pieces Cinnamon
- Peel of nutmeg
- 5 pieces Cloves
- 5 Cardomom
- 2 tablespoons Good vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rum
- Sugar or Sugar Substitue to taste (optional)
- 1 cup water
- using a motar and a pestle crush the cloves, cardamom and the nutmeg peel.
- bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add the crushed spices, cinnamon sticks to the the pot and let it boil to infuse the flavors.
- in goes the coffee and sugar to the spice infused hot water. give it good stir make sure the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Run the coffee syrup through a strainer make sure no pieces pass through. Add in the rum and the vanilla. refrigerate and you your coffee syrup ready to use.
- Pour the syrup in to cold milk ,stir and serve it over ice.
- you can either mix all the syrup to 2 pints of milk or you can add little as you serve.