If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came to me in the early 90's from a dear friend and neighbor who has since passed on. I make this frequently in the summertime and am always reminded of my friend who loved to cook and entertain. This is my family's favorite baked bean recipe. I hope you will enjoy it too. —Kathcooks
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can Navy beans, drained
- 2 cups smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a splash of olive oil in bottom of Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Brown ground beef and onion in oil until meat is cooked through and onions are translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute Drain fat off meat mixture.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard to meat and stir to combine.
- Add beans, barbecue sauce, and ketchup and stir until combined.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.