If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A no bake treat made with layered ginger snap cookies and pumpkin cream. —The Suburban Soapbox
Ginger Snap Cookies
ounces canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground cloves
cups heavy cream, divided
cup confectioners' sugar, divided
tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whip 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream with 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and the mascarpone cheese with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
- Begin to fold in 1/2 cup of the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture until combined. Continue to fold in the remaining whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture 1 cup at a time until all the cream is combined thoroughly.
- On a large cake plate, place nine ginger snaps in a circle and fill the circle with 3 more cookies being sure all the cookies are touching.
- Spread a layer of the pumpkin cream over the cookies evenly. Place another layer of cookies on top of the cream and continue layering the cream and cookies until you reach 6 cookie layers.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Before serving, whip the remaining cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake and serve immediately