If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What’s this in your country? Pudding? Custard??Cream caramel? Flan? These are all very similar and made of almost the same ingredients. In japan, we call it “Purin”. I have Probably eaten more Purin than cookies in my life! I going to show you my mum’s Purin which is like brûlée style(caramelized on top). —Natsuko Kure
Serves 6 cups
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon for caramelizing
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a glass cup (or heat-resistant bowl), add heavy cream, milk, and brown sugar. Put the bowl into microwave, and heat for 1’30”min (500w). Remove the bowl from the microwave, and stir a little to dissolve the sugar.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, and Grand Marnier. Stir well using a whisk.
- Sieve the egg mixture using tea strainer, and pour into a muffin pan*. Fill each cup with the egg mixture to just below the top. Cover with aluminum foil to avoid drying out.
- Place the muffin pan in a roasting pan half-filled with hot water. Bake it for 30-35min.
- After cooling the pudding to room temperature, remove the foil. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Brown the surface using torch burner**.
- Serve chilled or flozen !!
- Additional Notes: *Of course, you can use 6 small ramekins instead. **A torch burner works best but, if you don’t have one, broil in the oven.