If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a grilled flatbread pizza from Scratch. It includes a homemade tomato sauce topped with fresh goat cheese and arugula. Serve it sliced in squares for your guests to share at your next dinner party. See more at www.scratchfoodblog.com —Emanuel Storch
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 packet dried yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 8 blanched tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & black pepper
- For the Dough: Combine yeast and warm water in a bowl. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the honey. Then add the salt and cold water. Slowly add the flour as you mix. When the dough is combined, sprinkle flour on a board and knead by hand. Form into a ball and place dough into a bowl greased with canola oil. Cover with a damp dish towel and let it rise for 2 hours.
- For the Sauce: Blanch tomatoes, peel skin, combine in a food processor (a few pulses) with the rest of the ingredients. Transfer ingredients to a pan on high heat. Bring sauce to a boil, then lower heat. Let it simmer until it reduces. Feel free to add oregano or basil.
- Grill: Take a metal baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on it. Stretch a baseball-sized piece of dough out on the pan. Spread sauce and add 6 dollops of goat cheese, Place pan on a high-heated grill for 7-10 minutes (until bottom is crispy). Add a large handful of fresh arugula on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side