If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an all in one Authentic Meal. —Myllette Puckett
- 2 pounds Ground Round (may substitute other meat choice)
- 1 cup Red Beans
- 10-12 Flat corn Tortillas
- 6 cups Crisco
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Lettuce (shredded)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 Jalepeno Pepper (large)
- 5 tablespoons Shredded Cheese (extra sharp cheddar)
- 1 Onion (Med,diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Chilli Powder
- Salsa (to top each parfait)
- Prepare beans a day ahead by pre-soaking, seasoning with salt and cooking to desired tenderness. Mash beans when done and set aside keeping warm until ready to use.
- In a medium frying pan ad Crisco and set fire to a low-high, when the Crisco gets hot, ad 1-3 flat tortilla chips to the oil until you have heated them all until crispy. Set aside to drain oil.
- In a large skillet, add ground round, (or other meat) onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and cook at 350 degrees. Stir until fully cooked and drain meat when done.
- Return meat to skillet and then add the bean mixture to the meat and stir well. (if you are using another meat, like chicken or pork you do NOT have to mix the beans in, just simply add beans into the parfait).
- Take the tortilla chips, crunch them up (you may use a rolling pin) and set them aside in a bowl.
- In a cup of your choice, (preferably a parfait cup), start layering ingredients from the bottom upwards, tortilla chips, meat mixture, and repeat until you've reached 2/3 of the cup upwards.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle the remaining ingredients of lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, jalapeños, and shredded cheese. Repeat these steps for the rest of the parfait cups.
- When done, you may top salsa (if desired) to your parfaits and Don't forget your parfait Spoons. Serve out on serving Tray. This serves 5 people and is great for parties and kids and can serve more when doubling or tripling this recipe.
- DIG IN AND ENJOY!