If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The name almost sounds like an oxymoron. There is no such thing as healthy ice cream. Although ice cream easily lifts our spirits and even seems to have medicinal properties when it soothes some aches and pains, especially those associated with tonsillectomies. This recipe has 1 gram of fat. I found it in SELF magazine, I believe its May 2013 issue. While the recipe calls for Mango, you can easily substitute your favorite fruit. If you love strawberries then use strawberries. If you love blueberry and bananas then use blueberries and bananas. This recipe can almost be whatever you want it to be and it can almost serve any dessert-like purpose that you need it to serve. Be creative and combine different fruits and you will be richly rewarded. Enjoy and have fun! —Karin Ward
- 10 oz Chopped Frozen Mango (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup 2 Percent Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice or Mango Nectar
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Divide the sherbet among four bowls; garnish with sliced mango., if desired and serve immediately. Or cover and freeze in a microwave-safe bread pan or other flat container. To serve, microwave 30 second or until softened.
- * You can substitute any frozen fruit for the mango, if you would like to.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side