If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very rich frosting that isn't too sweet. I use to frost cakes as well as pipe onto cupcakes. It pairs really well with yellow cake. I use less milk if I'm going to pipe on cupcakes, so the consistency is firmer. —SweetTooth
Makes enough to lightly frost 24 cupcakes, or liberally frost 12
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat butter on high until it's soft, about 30 seconds until soft.
- Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat until incorporated
- Add the milk a little at a time as you mix. Stop when you get to your desired consistency -- the more milk you add, the softer it will be.
- Once you have your desired consistency, beat on high for 3 minutes.
More Great Recipes: Cakes