If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These crispy, light and aromatic tuna cakes are a perfect side dish... Fish cakes can be done in so many ways, so here's my take on it...They're simple yet pack a slight punch with beautiful Indian influences... Super easy and definitely made to impress your guests! —Anjalina
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1 medium potato, cubed, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin powder
- half lemon, juiced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the onions until soft and golden. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spices and fry until you can smell the aromas. Add the drained tuna and mix it in allowing it heat up gently.
- Put the tuna mixture in with the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, fresh coriander and green chillies, if using, and mix thoroughly.
- Taste the mixture at this point, it should be tangy from the lemon and perfumed with coriander. Adjust if required along with seasoning.
- Roll and flatten into patties, coat in beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Shallow Fry in oil until evenly golden brown.