If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the simplest of sides, assertive, sweet and for me addictive. —mzmecz
- 1 pineapple, ripe is best but even slightly green is good
- 3 tablespoons Walkerswood Jamacian Jerk seasoning, hot, not mild (no other brand)
- Cut off top and bottom of pineapple. Peel.
- Cut into 1 1/2 in. slabs and cut each slab into 6 wedges.
- Cut the core off the tip of each wedge and discard.
- Put the Walkerswood jerk in a plastic bag large enough to hold all the pineapple chunks. Do not substitute brands, no other delivers the right flavor. Squish the jerk around to coat the bag.
- Add the pineapple and toss around in the bag to coat. The pineapple will give up some juice and thin the jerk enough to provide enough liquid to coat the pieces.
- Marinate refrigerated overnight.
- Grill at medium high heat to brown. Skewers make the pieces easier to handle but are not necessary.
- Serve hot or at room temperature as a side. Chilled leftovers are a good as an appetizer.