If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is simple and delicious. It makes a great breakfast, lunch or side. You can also add potato to make it more filling. —Carla
Serves 4 as a main dish, or 8 as a side
- 1 pound sausage or bacon, preferably smoked (I use Portuguese chourico)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced 1/4"
- 32 ounces peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 8 eggs
- 1 small chili, chopped small
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large sautee pan sear the sausage in olive oil. Remove sausage from the pan.
- Add onions and carrots to the hot sautee pan. Season with salt. Cook on high heat until caramelized. Then add the chili and the stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add frozen peas to the onions and carrots. Cook over medium heat until peas defrost.
- Crack eggs one at a time over the peas arranging them so there is minimal overlap. Season eggs. Sprinkle sausage over the eggs. Cover and cook until eggs are set to your preference.
More Great Recipes: