If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always try to transform any left over, once I bought to much cherry tomatoes ,to do not loose them, I prepare this conserve that can be last till 10 days on the refrigerator. I served as side dish in summer barbecue parties or in formal dinner for add freshness. It is a cooked version of caprese salad. —Betty
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 bunches rosemary
- 1-2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic gloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic aceto
- 1/2 pound fresh mozarella balls
- 1/2 cup black Kalamata olive pitted
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Arrange tomatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Scatter rosemary sprigs , oregano and garlic cloves over.Then sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar .Bake tomatoes 45 minutes. Turn oven off,let the tomates inside continue to bake until tomatoes shrink slightly about 1 hour or 2 hour (Can be prepared a few day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Pour over balsamic aceto(vinegar) mix with mozzarella balls,olives and serve, optional garnish with oregano
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side