If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fall is here. Need to find more ways to use pumpkin. This is both a tasty offering and a pretty presentation for guests. —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
Serves 8 - 10
cup Pumpkin Puree
teaspoon Lemon Juice
cup All-Purpose Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
ounces Cream Cheese
cup Confectioner Sugar
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine eggs and sugar, beat until thick and light yellow in color.
- Add pumpkin purée and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture a little at a time. Make sure it is combined completely.
- Spread batter into greased and waxed-paper lined 10-by-15-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 ° for 12 – 14 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled with plenty of powdered sugar. Cool for 10 minutes longer.
- From the short side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare the filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake.
- Gently, roll up the cake (without the towel).
- Wrap the roll in plastic wrap. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.