Author Notes: Fall is here. Need to find more ways to use pumpkin. This is both a tasty offering and a pretty presentation for guests. —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
Serves: 8 - 10
cup Pumpkin Puree
teaspoon Lemon Juice
cup All-Purpose Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
ounces Cream Cheese
cup Confectioner Sugar
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
In This Recipe
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine eggs and sugar, beat until thick and light yellow in color.
- Add pumpkin purée and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture a little at a time. Make sure it is combined completely.
- Spread batter into greased and waxed-paper lined 10-by-15-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 ° for 12 – 14 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled with plenty of powdered sugar. Cool for 10 minutes longer.
- From the short side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare the filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake.
- Gently, roll up the cake (without the towel).
- Wrap the roll in plastic wrap. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.