How do you make a chocolate cupcake better? Fill it with cookie dough! —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
- Serves 12
Butter (2 sticks)
Light Brown Sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
3 - 4 teaspoons
In This Recipe
- First, cream the butter and sugar in your mixer.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time, the vanilla and salt
- Then, add the flour one cup at a time
- With the last cup of flour, add the baking soda
- Finish, by adding the chips. Put in the fridge and chill until ready to use.
- For the cake - One batch of your favorite Cake mix. Follow the instructions on the box
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line two cupcake trays with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for whichever recipe you’re using.
- Fill paper liners about 1/2 – 2/3 full of batter.
- For the frosting - Cream butter in medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and creamy
- Add vanilla and two tablespoons of milk. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then bump up the speed to medium-high and mix well.
- At this point, if the frosting is too thick, add two more tablespoons of milk.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then mix on medium-high speed until fully incorporated. Mix for one more minute.
- If the frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. But if the frosting is too thick, add milk one table spoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with one chocolate chip on each cupcake. Enjoy!