If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How do you make a chocolate cupcake better? Fill it with cookie dough! —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
- 16 cups Butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 12 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 - 4 teaspoons Milk
- First, cream the butter and sugar in your mixer.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time, the vanilla and salt
- Then, add the flour one cup at a time
- With the last cup of flour, add the baking soda
- Finish, by adding the chips. Put in the fridge and chill until ready to use.
- For the cake - One batch of your favorite Cake mix. Follow the instructions on the box
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line two cupcake trays with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for whichever recipe you’re using.
- Fill paper liners about 1/2 – 2/3 full of batter.
- For the frosting - Cream butter in medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and creamy
- Add vanilla and two tablespoons of milk. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then bump up the speed to medium-high and mix well.
- At this point, if the frosting is too thick, add two more tablespoons of milk.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then mix on medium-high speed until fully incorporated. Mix for one more minute.
- If the frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. But if the frosting is too thick, add milk one table spoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with one chocolate chip on each cupcake. Enjoy!