If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It tastes like comfort food but none of the creamy cheesiness that usually comes with a casserole. It's really just fresh ingredients cooked down with flavor! This was adapted from Epicurious.com (see below). —Katie Elliott
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 10 cups Kale (from bag or stems removed)
- 1 cup Carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond meal (for gluten-free) or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Basil, dried
- 1.5 teaspoons Oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Heat oil in a 14" deep sauté pan. Sauté onion until brown.
- Reduce heat, add cabbage, kale, carrots, water, soy sauce, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover vegetables and cook 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a 13 x 9" baking pan. Combine the rest of ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over vegetables. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Adapted from Epicurious.com Vegetable Casserole with Tofu Topping from Gourmet
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
More Great Recipes: