If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another favorite from my mom. I don't know where she got the recipe. I always forget how much spice the TWO full tablespoons of pepper adds to the meatballs, and sometimes I can't believe it really calls for that much...but just do it. Grind those two tablespoons of fresh black pepper. And put it all in the mix. —gabsimonelouise
Makes 18 meatballs
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 1/4 cups breadcrumbs from stale bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 375. Take out a 9 x 13 baking pan. Get all your ingredients ready!
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with your hands until everything looks evenly distributed in the turkey.
- Shape mixture into meatballs about 2" in diameter and place on 9 x 13 pan. You should get about 18 meatballs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Check the meatballs often so they don't get too dry. Higher fat turkey takes longer to cook. I usually take kitchen shears, clip open a meatball about halfway down, and check if it is still pink.
- Once done, cool for 10 minutes and enjoy on a meatball sandwich or however you like to eat your meatballs. These also keep frozen for several months, or in the fridge for a week.