If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I searched and finally found this recipe on the internet. It is a copycat of the Bourbon Chicken sold in Chinese carry-outs in my hometown. This recipe is so good that my sons gobble it up leaving me just a spoonful. Their excuse was they thought I had eaten —Jenny Walter
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juic
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.