If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a cold-weather quick soup from my childhood. Adapted recipe of my mother and grandmother (theirs have way more milk in it-I don't like drinking milk). The difference is I use the same measure of milk and water. —beril
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (optional-I didn't use)
- Combine milk, water and orzo in a soup pot.
- Bring them to boil stirring constantly. (you don't want to end up with clotted milk :))
- When it starts boiling, you can add the salt and thyme (and if you want to add butter it is the best time). (keep stirring!)
- After 3-5 mins of boiling, check orzo and if it is cooked ready to go to your favorite bowl!