If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This buttercream is perfect for coffee lovers, and whips up light and airy. —melomel
Makes: enough to frost 36 cupcakes
cups unsalted butter, room temperature
cups confectioners sugar
tablespoon vanilla extract
tablespoons instant espresso powder, divided
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Combine the vanilla and 1 tbsp instant espresso in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the butter, beating until combined. Add the vanilla-espresso mixture.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of instant espresso powder, as well as the remaining confectioner’s sugar in 1/2 cup increments to taste.
- Whip for several additional minutes after everything is combined.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
More Great Recipes: