If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the most amazing buttercream frosting. I have substituted banana and strawberry for the coconut....ENJOY!!! —Bob Wedemeyer
Makes 9 cups
- 10 Large egg wites
- 2 1/4 cups superfine (or bakers) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cream of coconut (cocoloco)
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- Whisk egg whites, sugar, and salt in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water until sugar has dissolved and mixture registers 160 degrees, about 3 minutes.
- Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until cooled, about 10 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add butter; beat until pale and fluffy. Mix in cream of coconut and extract. Buttercream can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days; beat before using.
More Great Recipes: Desserts