How to roast tomatoes to make the skin easy to peel off
How to roast tomatoes to make the skin easy to peel off—Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
tablespoon Kosher Salt
tablespoons Olive Oil
In This Recipe
- Cut the tomatoes in 1/2 horizontally.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place the tomatoes cut side down.
- Add the garlic slivers intermixed with the tomatoes.
- Pour over the olive oil and take your hands and make sure both sides of the tomatoes get coated.
- Sprinkle with the salt and place the tomatoes back to cut side down. Roast for close to 2 hours. When you look in your oven the outer skin should be peeling away from the tomato.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, simply pull off the skin.
- I left the stem on the 1/2 of the tomato while cooking. That way, I knew exactly where to cut out the tough part out of the tomato