If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How to roast tomatoes to make the skin easy to peel off —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
tablespoon Kosher Salt
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cut the tomatoes in 1/2 horizontally.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place the tomatoes cut side down.
- Add the garlic slivers intermixed with the tomatoes.
- Pour over the olive oil and take your hands and make sure both sides of the tomatoes get coated.
- Sprinkle with the salt and place the tomatoes back to cut side down. Roast for close to 2 hours. When you look in your oven the outer skin should be peeling away from the tomato.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, simply pull off the skin.
- I left the stem on the 1/2 of the tomato while cooking. That way, I knew exactly where to cut out the tough part out of the tomato
More Great Recipes: