If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I did not nail the famous Joan's exactly but I did make a meatloaf recipe worth repeating.
If meatloaf be the music of life ....play on..... —cookbooksareforeveryone
Makes a huge loaf
2 lbs lean ground turkey, two cloves of garlic, one medium red onion,one egg, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup half & half,one red pepper, one tart apple,worchestshire, salt, sweet chille sauce, dijon mustard
- 2/12 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion minced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tart apple, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon worchestshire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sweet chille sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 chopped preserved lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon siracha
- 1 red or orange pepper minced
good quality ketchup and chille sauce (or cocktail sauce) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chile sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ???? brown sugar to taste
- mix well in a large non -reactive bowl lightly oil a baking pan and shape into a big oval loaf
- mix chile sauce,ketchup, vinegar (you ca add brown sugar if you like the topping sweeter) Cover the loaf with sauce and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 375. Drain liquide and let it firm up before serving
More Great Recipes: Entrees