If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was at the grocery store and found myself stopping at Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used an all natural) and immediately thought about making a Frittata. (I do that often). Immediately walking to the meat I just asked for a small double breast of boneless chicken. (Mine was actually .60).
I don’t mind dairy therefore you will find gorgonzola as an ingredient. If you are following the Paleo diet then you can omit but this is a gluten-free breakfast. I also added 3 scallions because I can’t have enough but you can add less.
You may notice that I make frittata’s often. Yes – I do.. You can be extremely creative and best part everything is done in one pan. I like easy clean up. You can also make this in muffin tins – just use a parchment paper liner. They seem to work best! I am thinking about making these as “Buffalo Chicken Bites” the next time we entertain. How cute and delicious will these be for my friends! I will use my mini-muffin tins – I can’t wait…. YUM…
Cindy’s Tip: This works great using left over chicken (thighs or from a roasted chicken. Just shred and coat with wing sauce then add into the egg mixture. Enjoy
Note: If you want to make this as muffins then divide mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. —Cindy Anschutz
Ingredients for Chicken
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Ingredients for Egg Mixture
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola, optional
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- In a medium bowl add cubed chicken, salt, pepper and wing sauce. Coat chicken well.
- In a 10 inch non-stick oven safe sauté pan set over medium heat. Once heated add in chicken and let cook for about 7 minutes; turning often. Take off heat and let cool. Once cooked, shred.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and whisk. Continue whisking and add in the remaining ingredients. Add in chicken.
- Clean and wipe down the same pan and set temperature to medium heat. Once heated add in olive oil or coat with cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler
- Add the entire egg and chicken mixture into the pan and let cook until the bottom starts to brown (about 3 minutes). Take a rubber spatula and run between the pan and frittata and loosen up a little from the pan.
- Add to the oven and broil for 3 minutes or until the top begins to brown.. (NOTE**Do not walk away from the oven. You want to keep an eye on the broiler).
- Take out of the oven (using mits) and let cool for a minutes then using the same rubber spatula loosen and move to a board to cut and serve!