If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My take on the familiar Montréal Steak Seasoning. With more flavour and less salt! Though traditionally for beef steak, I think this is also amazing on pork, sprinkled over mashed potatoes, on roasted root veggies and the like. —jonakocht
Makes 1/3 cup
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Toast first 6 ingredients in a dry saute pan over low heat until the spices are fragrant, tossing every 30 seconds being very careful not to burn them. Coarsely grind in a mortar and pestle or pulse in a spice grinder.
- Add the onion and garlic and keep in a sealed container in a cool, dark place.
More Great Recipes: