If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pour this over anything. —Pam A
For the Apples
- 8 Apples -- fine to mix up the varieties
- 2 cinnamon stick, each broken into thirds
- Peel of half a lemon (Meyer if possible), sliced into pieces
- 1 cup lightly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Spanish Sherry -- sweet or dry
- 1 cup Raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
For the Custard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Hot milk (or 1 cup cream and 1 cup milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sherry, port, or maderia
- ?Combine in a heavy saucepan the eggs, sugar, and salt. Slowly add the hot milk. Transfer to a double boiler and stir consistently until the custard coats a spoon. Don't let the water boil -- just keep it simmering. When the custard is thick add the vanilla and alcohol.
- If you've roasted some apples or other fruit add any juices that may have accumulated to the custard. Pour hot custard over any dessert--or eat it straight. Leftovers can be cooled, refrigerated, and eaten the next day warmed up.
More Great Recipes: Desserts