If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is called black & white frosting because it combines two frosting ingredient batches, one is chocolate-y (black) and the other vanilla-y (white). —chefw3
Makes 1 cup
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt black ingredients, except vanilla, in a saucepan over low heat.
- When melted and smooth, remove from heat and add vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 tablespoons half and half
- Combine white ingredients with blender until smooth.
- Combine both black & white frostings to make your delicious, thick & creamy frosting!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting